Reports and Documents
Genomic Science Programmatic Documents
- Biological Systems Science Division (BSSD) Strategic Plan, October 2015. BER BSSD funds the Genomic Science Program (PDF)
- Genomic Science Program 2014 Strategic Plan, October 2014, (Faster download PDF or higher quality PDF)
- Genomic Science Program Awardee Annual Workshop Abstracts or Summaries. Current research abstracts or summaries outline
progress toward the program's goal of achieving a predictive, systems-level
understanding of plants, microbes, and biological communities. (Meetings
are held every spring.) Access reports from 2003-present.
- DOE Genomic Science Program Overview, May 2011 (PDF)
Genomics for Energy and Environmental Science placemat, February 2011
- Review of the Department of Energy’s
Genomics:GTL Program, National Research Council of the National Academies,
May 2006 (PDF)
Roadmap, October 2005 (300-page PDF).
Genomic Science Documents by Topic
- Bioenergy Research Centers Key Advances Update: 2014-2016, June 2016 Overview and PDF
- USDA DOE Plant Feedstock Awards, September 2016 (Updated annually; PDF)
- Systems Biology Research to Advance Sustainable Bioenergy Crop Development (Summary of Funded Projects), September 2015. High-resolution PDF or Fast-download PDF
- White Paper: Basic Research Opportunities in Genomic Science to Advance the Production of Biofuels and Bioproducts from Plant Biomass, June 2015.
- Lignocellulosic Biomass for Advanced Biofuels and Bioproducts: Workshop Report, February 2015 (faster download PDF or higher quality PDF).
- Bioenergy Research Centers: An Overview of the Science brochure, February 2014 (Faster-download PDF or higher-quality PDF).
- Research for Sustainable Bioenergy:
Linking Genomic and Ecosystem Sciences, Report from the October 2013 Workshop (Published May 2014)
- Biosystem Design Report from the July 2011 Workshop, (Published April 2012)
- Switchgrass Research Group Progress Report, January 2012 (PDF)
- Sustainability of Biofuels: Future Research Opportunities, Report from the October 2008 Workshop. (Published April 2009)
the Biological Barriers to Cellulosic Ethanol: A Joint Research Agenda.
A Research Roadmap Resulting from the Biomass to Biofuels Workshop, December
7–9, 2005, Rockville, Maryland. Published June 2006.
- Biofuels: Bringing Biological Solutions to Energy Challenges brochure,
June 2007 (PDF)
- Biofuels Primer Placemat, May
- White Paper: Genomics:GTL Bioenergy Research Centers, August 2006
- DOE Mission: Energy Security; 2005 GTL Roadmap Appendix, 17 pages, (PDF)
Carbon Cycling and Biogeochemistry
Systems Biology Knowledgebase (KBase)
Return to Top
Historical Genomic Science documents including foundational workshop reports can be found on the Timeline.
Request free copies of the items listed above, as available, on our Document